Q: Can the Audio Exam Player be used with other languages?
A: Yes. While the buttons and labels for the app are in English, the teacher using the Audio Exam Creator can use any language for recording the audio for test questions. The students using the Audio Exam Player will hear exactly what the teacher has recorded. Students can follow along in their printed test booklets while listening to test questions. However, teachers find it easy to import the text of test questions so students will have the text of each question displayed in the center window of the Audio Exam Player. Special characters needed for over 30 languages are supported (using Test Import > Paste) when the text has been copied from an email message using the iOS Mail app.
The following special characters are supported:
1. The Acute: (á, ð , é, í, ó, ú, ý, Á, Ð, É, Í, Ó, Ú, Ý)
2. The Breve: (ă, ĕ, ĭ, ŏ, ŭ, Ă, Ĕ, Ĭ, Ŏ, Ŭ)
3. The Cedilla: (ç, Ç)
4. The Circumflex: (â, ê, î , ô, û, Â, Ê, Î, Ô, Û)
5. The Diærisis / Umlaut: (ä,ë, ï, ö, ü, ÿ, Ä, Ë, Ï, Ö, Ü, Ÿ)
6. The Dot Accent: (ċ, ġ, ż, Ċ, Ġ, Ż)
7. The Double Acute: (ő, ű, Ő, Ű)
8. The Eszett: (ß)
9. The Grave: (à, è, ì, ò, ù, À, È, Ì, Ò, Ù)
10. The Háček / Caron: (č, ď, ě, ľ, ň, ř, š, ť, ž, Č, Ď, Ě, Ľ, Ň, Ř, Š, Ť, Ž)
11. The Ligature: (æ, œ, Æ, Œ)
12. The Macron: (ā, ē, ī, ō, ū, Ā, Ē, Ī, Ō, Ū)
13. The Ogonek: (ą, ę, į, ų, Ā, Ę, Į, Ų)
14. The Ring/Circle Accent: (å, ů, Å, Ů)
15. The Tilde: (ã, õ, ñ, Ã, Õ, Ñ)
Thirty languages that require these characters are: Albanian, Basque, Bosnian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Faroese, Finnish, French, English, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Maltese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Swedish, Spanish and Turkish
If you have additional information about special characters that work with the Audio Exam Creator, I would appreciate hearing about them.