Q: Troubleshooting: Can I fix problems for myself?
Sometimes a corrupted file causes a problem and it can be fixed by closing the app, shutting down the iPad/iPod/iPhone, restarting the iPad/iPod/iPhone, and re-launching the app.
In one of the rare cases when an Audio Exam app is itself corrupted, it can be fixed by deleting the app, shutting down, restarting the iPad/iPod/iPhone, and reinstalling the app.
Alert: Before deleting the Audio Exam Creator
NOTE: If you have any teacher created exams on your Audio Exam Creator that you want to save, you will need to export them by using the "envelope" icon in the lower left side of the page and emailing them to yourself. See the article: Export/Import Teacher Versions of an Exam.
(A) Uninstall the Audio Exam Creator or Player.
To do this:
(1) find the app icon on your iPad/iPod/iPhone,
(2) hold your finger on the icon until it starts wiggling,
(3) tap the small (x) in the upper left corner of the button, and
(4) see the button for Audio Exam Creator or Audio Exam Player disappear.
(B) Close all apps on your iPad/iPod/iPhone.
To do this:
(1) double tap the home key,
(2) see your iPad/iPod/iPhone go into "app switcher" mode,
(3) swipe up on each of the app windows so they will disappear leaving only the home window,
(4) check to be sure all apps are closed by double-clicking the home key again and confirming that all you can see is the home window.
(C) Completely shut down your iPad/iPod/iPhone and restart it.
To do this
(1) Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears,
(2) drag the slider to the right to turn your device completely off.
(3) after the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.
(D) Go to the App Store and re-download the Audio Exam Creator or Player.
You own the app so you won't have to repurchase it. You will just download the latest version.
For the Creator on iPad go to: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audio-exam-creator/id644039169?mt=8 and click the “View in iTunes" button.
For the Player on iPad go to: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audio-exam-player/id673349857?mt=8 and click the "View in iTunes"
For the Player on iPhone or iPod touch go to: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audio-exam-player-iphone/id719854313?mt=8 and click the "View in iTunes"
(E) Relaunch the Audio Exam Creator or Player.
If you are asked to give permission for Audio Exam Creator to use your microphone, say yes.
(F) Create another exam and see if the problem persists.
(G) If this doesn't fix your problem, send me a message.
From the Audio Exam Creator or Player app:
(1) click on the info button (i) in the corner,
(2) see the "Help & Settings" window,
(3) click on "Help & Feedback”.
(4) if you're ready to send me a message, tap the "Send us a message" button and describe your problem.